Cod is a delicious and versatile fish. I find that cod is delicious with a tangy and spicy Greek Yogurt sauce. The sauce gets the spicy goodness from homemade Harissa. This dish features a delightful mix of Mediterranean flavor influences including Spanish paprika, Greek yogurt, fresh lemon zest, olive oil and Harissa (in case you missed it see our Harissa recipe).
I served it on a bed of couscous and with a carrot, cabbage, cucumber side salad. It is equally delicious on a bed of vegetables, rice, Quinoa or alone. Warning, this is spicy! You can adapt the heat according to your taste. I hope you enjoy my Cod with Greek Yogurt Harissa Sauce Recipe.
- .75 pound cod
- 1 tablespoon Harissa
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Kiva Sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika (or Paprika of choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- .5 teaspoon Agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tea spoon cumin seed
- Mix 1 cup of Greek yogurt with a little olive oil, the lemon zest, Harissa paste, smoked paprika, cardamom and cumin. Optional, add a little Agave to sweeten or leave it out for a tart sauce.
- Marinate the cod in half the yogurt sauce for a couple hours (or over night). Save some yogurt sauce to pour over the cooked fish.
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Bake Fish in sauce for 45 minutes
- I served this fish on a bed of couscous, but rice or vegetables would also work. I served it with a side salad made from cucumber, carrot, onion and cabbage.