I love to cook with fresh herbs! Fresh herbs are a little more expensive than dried herbs, so I want to make best use of the investment!
The Herb Keeper from Gourmet2Day prolongs the life of cut herbs to two weeks! Sometimes I buy a small bunch of basil or cilantro and find that it does last a full week — let alone two weeks!
The Herb Keeper keeps the herbs moist and protected. It reminds me a little of a hybrid between a flower vase and a greenhouse.
You can keep the Herb Keeper either in your refrigerator or a cool pantry depending. It is designed to fit within the door shelf in many refrigerators. It takes a similar amount of space as a quart of milk.
I made a short video to demonstrate how to use the Herb Keeper as somethings are easier to show than tell…
Video Demonstration On How To Keep Herbs With The Fresh Gourmet2Day Herb Keeper
How To Use The Herb Keeper:
As you can see, it is easy to keep herbs fresh longer with the Herb Keeper. Simply…
- Prepare your herbs — wash the herbs and trim the tips of the stems off
- Fill the glass container up to the maximum fill line (or lower)
- Place your fresh cut herbs within the BPA-free plastic herb cup
- Insert the cup into the glass container. The water should not touch the herb leaves, ideally just the steps to keep your herbs hydrated and fresh!
Tip: For best results, change the water every couple of days.
About The Gourmet2day Herb Keeper
Herb Keeper which keeps herbs fresh and green for up to 2 weeks (sometimes longer) whilst refrigerated. It also works well with some vegetables like asparagus
Herb Keeper which keeps herbs fresh and green for up to 2 weeks (sometimes longer) whilst refrigerated. It also works well with some vegetables like asparagus or celery.
Key product features include:
- Anti-leakage borosilicate glass canister
- Generous size BPA-free plastic removal insert cup, to fit a large amount of herbs
- Easy to access herbs via unique ladder rest
- Conveniently fits most refrigerator doors / shelves.
- Product height = 11 inches x diameter = 4.7 inches
Where to Find The Gourmet2Day Herb Keeper
The Herb Keeper from Gourmet2Day is available through Amazon.