I love a nice Matcha latte and I like to drink it plain too. I thought I would take it a step farther and combine two favorites — green tea and chocolate. I made these Kiss Me Mint Matcha Chocolate Candies twice. Both times they were a hit!
I received compensation for this post such as a sample of Kiss Me Organic Matcha – Ceremonial Grade Green Tea Powder to sample and review. The opinions and experiences described are my own.
Recipe Kiss Me Matcha Chocolates:
This recipe is not very precise, but that is okay because it is actually quite forgiving. It really can be made to fit your taste–assuming you like green tea.
- Kiss Me Organic Ceremonial Grade Matcha (or other)
- White chocolate
- Mint to taste (optional)
- Prepare candy molds, I used silicone cupcake liners lightly greased with coconut oil
- Melt the chocolate into double boiler (I melted a block)
- Add Matcha powder and thoroughly stir into chocolate until smooth and green (I used about 1 teas spoon)
- Add mint and stir in until smooth (I used about 1/2 a teaspoon)
- Spoon chocolate Matcha mixture into candy molds and let cool for hours. I placed mine in the refrigerator.
Tip: The first time I made this, I made the Matcha paste then stirred the paste into the powder. The result was an unusual leafy textured candy. I found it works better to add the powdered Matcha directly to the melted chocolate for this purpose. Add a little and stir in, then add a little more.
Review Kiss Me Organic Matcha
While the Matcha Chocolates above are amazing, Kiss Me Matcha is also wonderful just to drink. It has a nice smooth taste, and gives me a little pick-up without making me feel too wired. I love how easily Kiss Me Matcha froths.
According to Kiss Me, this Ceremonial Grade Matcha:
- is grown in the top tea-producing Shizuoka region of Japan which is recognized by the United Nations as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System
- grown by a certified organic family-owned Japanese tea farm has been operating since 1915, run by the same family for over 3 generations.
- Up to 137x the antioxidants of brewed green tea: Matcha is a fine powdered form of shade grown green tea leaves. This means you consume the entire leaf providing your body and mind with a maximum concentration of Polyphenols and EGCG.
Where to Purchase Kiss Organic Matcha – Ceremonial Grade Green Tea Powder:
Affiliate Link to Follow…
KissMe Matcha is available from Amazon: Kiss Me Ceremonial Grade Matcha.