As a new swimmer, there are a few essentials I like to have in my bag. I am already a nervous swimmer, so I have a love hate relationship with the pool. A few key essentials help tip that balance more towards love.
I am especially excited about my new swim goggles, my old swim goggles kept fogging up! These goggles by Pofinity have a blue tint, so the pool water is neutral and do not seem to fog up yet. (Touching wood!).
After I share my checklist of pool essentials, I will give you a peek at what is in my swim bag. I am taking swim classes and like to pre-pack my bag so I can just grab and go! The contents of my bag are a mix of items I have purchased and some I have received to feature on Feeling Fit!
My Essential Swim Bag Checklist:
What Is In My Swim Bag?
I have a few items that I appreciate that did not make my essentials checklist. As you can see, I include:
- A swimsuit
- A towel, I also like to use a microfiber hair wrap. One pool I use does not have any outlets for hair dryers! When I use that pool, I reply on my microfiber towel and a hat.
- A swim cap – I previously reviewed this long-hair swim cap!
- Not pictured: my flip flops. I don’t always wear them, but it is a very good idea to protect your feet in the shower. Here is a review of my flip flops.
- Swim goggles – these comfortable, mirrored goggles are from Pofinity (more about them later!)
I use a backpack from Airbac as my swim bag. When possible, I like to walk to the pool. The Airbac backpack is ergonomically friendly and designed to encourage good posture. Everything feels a little lighter in this bag, so it is perfect for walking to the pool!
This wet/dry bag from HydroGuard keeps my swim bag dry! In a pinch, a plastic shopping bag works. However, this one from HydroGuard is great as it keeps the other contents of my bag from getting wet from my suit and towel.
I sometimes enjoy using these little flippers from Finis (Zoomers). They are small enough that they are allowed in every pool I have visited, they are easy to pack (I have traveled with them!), and they make my kick a little stronger. They are also short enough that I feel I can safely walk short distances.
One of my biggest issues with swimming is my hair! I have long, fine (easily damaged) hair and I also hate the smell of chlorine. I have tried a few options, but the best for me is to drench my hair in leave-in conditioner, wet it in the shower then wear a cap designed for long hair. Afterwards, I shampoo with a chlorine-removing shampoo and use a leave-in conditioner to detangle my hair. One of the pools I use does not have an outlet for hairdryers (it is an old university pool), so I tend to towel dry my hair then wear a hat during my trip home.
More About The Premium Swim Goggles by POFINITY:
I recently received these goggles from Pofinity to feature on Feeling Fit. They are an upgrade over my old goggles. This surprised me as my old goggles are from an established name brand. Although these do make me look like a fly, I can see better in the pool, and they are quite comfortable.
Here are a few features and benefits of these Premium Goggles according to Pofinity:
1. AMAZING FIT – Say “goodbye” to red eyes from seawater or chlorinated pools due to leaky goggles. Pofinity goggles have a superior snug fit design for a 100% leak-free experience and wide viewing angle.
2. MOST COMFORTABLE DESIGN – No more headaches or irritating strap lines on your face from super tight goggles. Our goggles have secure suction cups made from premium quality silicone, which provides powerful sealing without being painful.
3. TOP-NOTCH VISION – With these goggles you can enjoy swimming at any time of the day. They cut glare, keep light at optimum levels, and protect your precious eyes from harmful UV Rays without ever compromising the vision quality that only Pofinity goggles provides.
4. LIFETIME WARRANTY – When you order today, you are protected by a lifetime money back guarantee – no questions asked, along with world class customer service, the mark of a POFINITY product in your hands.
Most of the items shown are available on Amazon.
- Pofinity Premium Swim Goggles
- HydroGuard Waterproof Dry Bag
- Ultra Swim Shampoo
- Finis Zoomers Fins
- Airbac Groovy Backpack
- Long Hair Swim Cap