Feeling Fit loves to host reader giveaways. A good giveaway benefits Feeling Fit readers, the sponsoring brand and Feeling Fit! It is also just plain good fun!
But, there is always a “but”. To keep things fair to everyone, we need rules and terms and conditions.
- No purchase necessary.
- All giveaways are void where prohibited.
- Unless otherwise noted, open only to U.S. Residents, age 18 and older.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. Doing more of the optional entry “tasks” increases your odds similar to how buying more raffle tickets increase odds of winning. Yet people have won with only one entry. Winners are randomly selected.
- Winners are chosen randomly, either by our giveaway widget Gleam or a random number generator (for some social media based giveaways).
- Unless otherwise stated, winners have 48 hours from the close of the giveaway to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed within 48 hours, an alternate winner will be selected.
- Notification of a winning entry will be made and prizes claimed by email.
- By entering a giveaway, you agree to give WriteShop and/or the giveaway sponsor the right to obtain your name and address by email for the purpose of distributing the prize(s).
- Giveaway winners agree to hold harmless WriteShop and the giveaway sponsor in the event that the prize or sweepstakes in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- I am not responsible for the US postal system and for lost/damaged items.
- By entering one of our giveaways, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and adhere to this policy.
- Feeling Fit giveaway sweepstakes are administered in Oregon, USA. Sweepstakes regulations vary, VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
We typically only collect the information we need to administer our giveaway program. Our giveaway widget Gleam has privacy policies and protocol in effect. Most information relating to entrants are through Gleam. Feeling Fit frequently does not have access to this information (for example, Gleam only gives us the winner’s email address).
Our giveaway mailing list is administered and stored on MailChimp. Mail Chimp also takes user’s privacy seriously and has their own system to honor privacy in place. As promised, we do not sell this list. If we move to another service we will move the list with us.
We contact the winner via email for details we need to administer the giveaway. This information is not posted or stored on Feeling Fit. It is stored in our gmail account by Google.
For our reader giveaways, no purchase is necessary, meaning entrants are not required to make a purchase of a product or service. Often there are optional entries that do involve something of value to the sponsor and host such as visiting a page or following a social media account. We value your visits and followership (is that a word?) so that is a type of “consideration”.
Winners are randomly selected using a giveaway widget (usually Gleam) or a random number generator (if we host a social media comments or tweet based giveaway). Winners are manually checked to verify they are following the rules and if not, a new winner is chosen.
Unless otherwise noted, most giveaways are limited to US residents 18 or older for shipping and legal reasons. For the most part this is a choice of the giveaway sponsor.
Each state and each country have their own giveaway and sweepstakes laws. It is up to the reader to be aware of the laws in their area. Please do not enter if it violates your local laws, hence the term “void where prohibited”.
The winner is notified by email and usually has 48 hours to respond with any contact information or details that we need to administer the giveaway. Usually we need shipping and contact information and sometimes prize preferences.
Unless otherwise stated, Sam and Feeling Fit blog are not responsible for prize fulfillment (the same goes for Slysam Enjoys & Shares ghosted giveaways!). The sponsoring company is responsible for prize fulfillment. By entering giveaways hosted on this site you agree to this term. If a sponsor is slow in sending the prize or if you have other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org because we are happy to liaise with the sponsor. Sometimes they only need a reminder as people get busy and forget things. Also we like to know which companies to continue working with, so it is helpful to know if a sponosr does not follow through for some reason.
Sometimes a specific prize becomes unavailable due to unforseen circumstances. It is possible that the sponsor may substitute the prize for another of similar value. It doesn’t happen often, but just thought I would mention this possibility.
We may publicize the first name or nickname of the winner. We will not share personal details.
By entering a Feeling Fit or Slysam Enjoys And Shares Giveaway, you consent to these terms and conditions.
Other Related Policies: