When it comes to weight loss there are not short cuts. The best results come from some combination of eating less and moving more. This does not have to be unpleasant. We can still eat healthy, flavor-full foods and enjoy fun activities during this process.
Although there are no short cuts, little things can help make it a little easier. One thing that can help is a protein supplement like SLIMQUICK Pure Protein.
Before I go farther, first we need a quick disclaimer: I am not a fitness or medical professional. I do like to read about fitness, health and nutrition and regularly consult professionals, but this post is not medical or professional advice. I only share my own experiences and opinions and encourage everyone to seek professional advice for themselves and to do their own research.
Six Tips for Feeling Fit Style Weightloss:
- Focus on Diet But Allow Some flexibility. – Diet and nutrition are the most important factors. However, it is important to move towards a mode of healthy eating that you can live with long-term. For that reason, I suggest working out strategies to deal with eating out, parties and socializing.
- Be Active Every Day, Find Activities You Enjoy – I frequently write about exercise and I love to workout. However, I do believe that exercise is sometimes oversold as a weight loss tool. Yes it helps, but you can’t out train a bad diet. Saying that, it does help. A good fitness program (involving a mix of strength, cardio, and mobility work during the week) is essential to feeling and looking your fittest. However, you do not need to workout every day. Daily activity such as recreational activities, cleaning, gardening, walking at lunch time or anything that gets you moving helps. Try to move as much as you can, it all helps.
- Get Enough Sleep and Rest – There are some studies that indicate that people who get enough sleep burn more calories in a day and are less likely to overeat. I personally find it easier to deal with stress and avoid stress eating (one of my overeating triggers) if I get enough rest. Also fitness improvements happen when we recover from our workouts, so adequate rest is essential.
- Consume Enough Fiber and Water – I combine these two as they are a little related. Both can help with healthy digestion. Also both work together to help you feel satiated.
- Make an Effort to Look and Feel Fabulous – Sometimes people put their lives on hold while they diet. I find I have more success if I take time with my appearance and wear attractive clothes and accessories. Little things like getting a new, flattering haircut or having eyebrows styled can help too. People may notice changes very early so don’t be surprised if people compliment you. It can help you stay on track and enjoy the process more.
- Try SLIMQUICK – I don’t believe in quick fixes, you still need to practice portion control, a good diet, and exercise. SLIMQUICK can make it easier to consume enough protein and fiber. Protein is useful while dieting to help the body repair from our workouts and to help prevent losing muscle (we can lose muscle sometimes when dieting and that in the long run harms our metabolism). Each serving of SLIMQUICK contains 10 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. The two servings a day that SLIMQUICK recommends would result in 20 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber. I used SLIMQUICK in my breakfast smoothie and also in water as a post workout snack.
My Experience Using SLIMQUICK in My Breakfast Smoothies:
I admit I have put on a few pounds in the past few months as I focus on my blog and on other sedentary projects. For me activity makes a big difference–about 10 pounds in either direction. While testing SLIMQUICK I have been able to lose a few of those gained pounds even though I have not focused on dieting. I did improve on my activity a little and replaced my breakfast with a smoothie and used SLIMQUICK in water for a post workout snack.
My breakfast smoothie was surprisingly satisfying due to the protein content. Drinking a smoothie makes it a lot easier to take in 5 or more servings of fruit and vegetables, to get more fiber in my diet. The smoothie never makes me feel full or bloated, but I did feel satisfied until lunch and I think it has resulted in me eating less each day. I actually lost a few pounds doing this. To see good weight loss results, I typically have to count calories or use another effective portion control method.
Build Your Own Smoothie With SLIMQUICK:
I typically make a one pint smoothie. I have used any combination of bananas, cherries, mangoes, blueberries, peaches and more. Green vegetables such as kale and spinach can work well. Generally I use a cup or two of fruit, a little liquid (water or almond milk), and a scoop of SLIMQUICK Pure Protein. I used the vanilla Pure Protein, it also comes in chocolate.
- 1/2 cup of thickening fruit like banana, mango, peach, pear, avocado (for a higher calorie smoothie)
- 1/2 – 1 cup of other fruit or vegetable
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup liquid to ease blending (I either used almond/coconut milk or water)
- 1 scoop SLIMQUICK Pure Protein
Combine liquid, fruit and 1 scoop of SLIMQUICK in a blender then blend until smooth.
Some of my Favorite Combinations:
- Mango and Cherry
- Peach, Banana
- Raspberry, Peach
- Raspberry Banana
More Information about SLIMQUICK:
Here is SLIMQUICK’s own product description:
SlimQuick Pure is a weight loss formula designed just for women. The best part is, new SlimQuick Pure contains natural ingredients. With antioxidants, calcium, vitamin D and BioPure Green Tea, it’s as good for you as it is effective.
SLIMQUICK Pure Protein tastes incredibly delicious and provides 20 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber per day!
Only SLIMQUICK Pure Protein is make with BioPure Green TeaTM , a natural extract that has been shown in a published clinical study to help overweight women lose 3 times the weight versus dieting alone, in just 13 weeks.*
Rest assured, SLIMQUICK Pure Protein contains natural ingredients, including whey protein, antioxidants, calcium and natural flavors.
Available in delicious Double Chocolate and French Vanilla.
For more information about SLIMQUICK be sure and visit their website www.myslimquick.com