Smart phones are amazing. They are even more amazing with the right accessories that can expand their capabilities.
My phone is my calendar system, traveling reference library, camera, personal fitness trainer and mobile office. Oh, I also use it for phone calls and text messages.
Since I carry my phone every day, I enjoy dressing it in different cases for the occasion. Today, for Tech Style I will share a couple of my iPhone cases and a travel-friendly dual charger.
Champagne Gold iPhone 6 Case From Primed4U
This is one of my favorite phone cases so far and is my standard go-to. It is sleek, my phone functions well and I like the subtle gold color. The manufacturers claim that the black opening around the lens helps maintain picture quality as the flash doesn’t reflect off the case while taking a picture. It doesn’t hurt picture quality and it hugs my phone snugly.
- Easy to install and use
- Attractive, subtle appearance appropriate for work or dressy ocasions
- hugs the phone snugly and protects it
- Black edging around the camera to minimize reflecting the flash when taking pictures
- The only con I ran into was that I could not use my iklips lightning drive with this case on my phone. This is also true of most of my other phone cases.
Rebellite Selfie Star Front Flash Case
I admit I thought I would like this case more than I do. It is a creative problem solver and I like it, I just don’t reach for it as much as I expected. This case features three LED lights on the front to illuminate your selfies. What selfie taker doesn’t find that sometimes there just isn’t enough light to get a good selfie or a good “groupie” shot? This phone case solves that issue. The only problem is the case is also a little bulky. It probably adds about 1/8 inch all around to the size of my phone. However, if you need that extra light and have a big handbag, you may love it!
Below is my before and after selfie test in a low lit interior room. It is mostly natural day though I just tried on my new lipstick from Red Apple Cosmetics (a future review!). The selfie shows a lot more detail with the three LED lights. Uh, yikes! Not only am I very shiny, I need to pluck my eyebrows.
- It really does solve the problem with low lighting for selfies
- Works with almost any selfie stick
- Three different lighting options
- Comes in several colors and costs less than $10
- Easy to install and easy to use
- It is my bulkiest phone case as it includes three tiny LED lights and a battery
- The light is directly in front and tends to enhance any shine on your face. It almost highlighted too much detail in my selfie test (see above).
- I could not use my iklips lightning drive with this case on my phone. This is also true of most of my other phone cases.
iClever 4.8A 24W Dual USB Travel Wall Charger
Sometimes I need an extra charger. I used this one by iClever when I was pet sitting for a friend. The plug folds nicely to pack in my laptop bag or carry-on bag. I was able to charge both my phone and tablet on it. I am impressed with how useful this charger is from iClever.
- Charges two phones or devices at once
- Folds flat
- Comes with a lightning cable (one can never have too many!)
- Apple MFI Certified
- It is a little bulky and wall brick like — if that is a con
Where To Purchase:
All the product features this week are available on Amazon…
Here are some of the tech products we will feature soon (after we finish testing them!). We will share whether these are stylish, fun, useful or a gimmick.
- Hello Kitty Lightning Flash Drive and Companion App
- Another cute iPhone case (and they make the same for other phones!)
- A selfie stick with front facing wide-angle lens — for iPhone or Android
- A clever iPhone case with snap on camera lenses
Question: What type of device, app or accessory would make your phone more useful or more fabulous?