Feeling Fit, Bit By Bit is a positive lifestyle and fitness blog. We are all about feeling fit and enjoying life!
Yes, that is a broad topic! Living a fit and healthy life is a lifestyle. It goes beyond eating right and exercising (though food and fitness are common topics here!).
Our goal is to encourage Feeling Fit readers to make sustainable improvements to their lifestyles that add up over time. Our other goal is also to make these improvements ourselves. We hope to help make your (and our) lives a little healthier, fitter and more fun.
Common barriers to living our fittest lives include:
- Lack of time: We are all so busy and only have 24 hours in a day. It seems easier to just skip “workouts” and to eat convenience foods. For this reason, Feeling Fit often covers productivity tools, time-saving products and tips. Any time saved can make it easier to find the time to live a fitter lifestyle.
- Lack of money: It is a common belief that eating healthy foods is expensive. Also many believe that fitness involves expensive gym memberships and expensive equipment. Yes, you can spend a lot on food and fitness. But there are ways to do it for less expense and sometimes no expense. Feeling Fit will often review or share lower cost options. We also believe any money saved can help make a Feeling Fit lifestyle easier. So sometimes we may share money-saving tips and product reviews with the view to help remove this obstacle.
- Lack of motivation: This is truly a biggie. With the right motivation, all other challenges are overcome. One barrier is the belief it is all-or-nothing. People adopt strict plans then rebel against all the new rules and against giving up their favorite stuff. This can result in giving up or even making worse choices (i.e. completely stopping all activity and binge eating). The is why the full name of this blog is “Feeling Fit, Bit By Bit”. We want to encourage ever one (including ourselves) to make good choices and gradual ongoing improvements. We still enjoy treats and little luxuries and we still have fun. And yes, eating well and staying active are fun!
- Lack of confidence: We take a broad approach to this. Our fashion and beauty (or grooming) posts are to help us look our fittest while on our journey to be our fittest, best selves. We also encourage sustainable changes and realistic (SMART) goal setting. As we move towards healthier habits we also become more confident in our abilities. We know you are fabulous!
- Too much stress: Stress is such a big barrier to “feeling fit” and takes its toll on our bodies. I personally find relaxing baths and boutique or homemade personal care items a great stress reliever. I also find exercise a great stress buster!
- Lack of sleep and relaxation: We all know activity and good nutrition are important. Did you know that sleep may be just as important? Lack of sleep may be connected to weight gain, hormone imbalances, and increased stress. Also we always look and feel our best if well rested. I will take this a bit further and remind you that resting your mind is important for productivity and resting from your workouts is essential to improved fitness. (Disclaimer: I am not a medical or fitness professional and am expressing my opinion as a fairly well-read layperson)
We like to share ideas, tips, reviews, and tutorials or recipes that may help overcome the common obstacles to a fit life. We also consider a a fit lifestyle to be holistic. It really is a lifestyle.
Some aspects of “Feeling Fit” we touch on:
- Using a Fitbit or activity tracking device
- Personal care and beauty
- Having fun
- Learning and exercising our minds
- Fulfilling hobbies
- Positive relationships
- Saving time and money
- Using technology to assist us with our goals
- Workout recovery
All of those things are important parts of the “Feeling Fit” lifestyle. For that reason, you may see us touch on a lot of different topics.