Be Safe, be active and still enjoy your music with AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Headphones. These headphones wrap around the head and use bone conduction technology to transmit audio waves to the inner ears through the skull, bypassing the eardrums completely. These are my new favorite sports headphones.
I received a complimentary pair of AfterShokz Trekz Titanium headphones to review. I thoroughly tested them by wearing them for a variety of activities before writing this review. Nothin in this post is intended to serve as medical or professional advice.
Feeling Fit Review of Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Headphones
As mentioned, my Aftershokz Trekz Titanium headphone is my new favorite pair of sports headphones. I enjoy the sound quality and appreciate the fact they do not interfere with my safety when walking or jogging outside. Since these headphones are outside the ear and use bone conduction technology to transmit the sound, I am able to maintain an awareness of my surroundings.
Sometimes headphones can shift around during activity, my Aftershokz Trekz Titanium headphone stay snugly in place.
My only tiny issue is that the headphones fit around the back of the head in an arch shape. As a result, there is a gap between the back of my head and the headphones. This is fine when upright during exercise, but can be uncomfortable during floor exercises or relaxation pose. These are not headphones for relaxing and tuning out the world. And they are not for lounging on the sofa or in bed.
However, they are wonderful for upright activity such as dancing, running, walking, hiking, cycling, jumping rope, calisthenics, or whatever you enjoy!
The Pros And Cons For Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Headphones
- Good sound quality without blocking sounds from surroundings
- Easily paired with all my devices (computer, phone, tablet and a bluetooth receiver plugged into my television set)
- Decent battery life
- Comfortable to wear, sometimes earbuds can irritate my ears but these do not since they are outside the ears.
- The shape and the way they are worn results in the back of the band sticking out in an awkward way. This is only a problem for floor exercises or if you want to wear them while leaning back against a chair (like on an airplane).
About Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Headphone
Trekz Titanium are wireless, open ear sport headphones made to ensure the safety of runners, cyclists, hikers and more. Trekz Titanium with PremiumPitch+™ delivers exceptional sound quality with AfterShokz‘ patented technology, delivering dynamic range and truly powerful bass.
Trekz Titanium Features
- OpenFit™ Design: promising uncompromised situational awareness and extended comfort in a revolutionary open ear design. That means you can tune in to your music or a call without tuning out the world around you-vital for remaining alert and safe as you move through the day.
- PremiumPitch+™ Stereo Sound: Bone conduction audio has earned its bad reputation due to a blend of natural sound leakage and weak bass. PremiumPitch+™ technology delivers dynamic audio, including deep bass. LeakSlayer™ technology nearly completely eliminates sound leakage, keeping music and conversations private.
- Titanium Frame: The backbone of the industrial design is a premium titanium frame, an element chosen not only for its strength and durability, but also for its infinite flexibility, which delivers maximum comfort, portability and the very best sound.
- Sweat Resistant: Built to power through daily sweat sessions and wicked weather. IP55 rated to repel sweat, moisture and dust.
- Six Hours of Music and Calls: A single charge will reliably deliver six hours of music play and talk time. You can charge fully in 1.5 hours, but a quick 15-minute charge provides enough boost to get you through a long workout or marathon call.
- Noise Canceling Mics: Precisely placed dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech.
- Voice Prompts: Audrey Says™ seamlessly guide you through power, pair, play and talk, and everything in between.
Where To Find Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Headphones
The following links are affiliate links. I often include multi-brand retailer links (like Amazon) for the reader’s convenience. I also liked the AfterShokz so much I decided to be an affiliate for them directly. Just so you know, if you click on either of these links and make a purchase then I receive a modest commission.
Directly From AfterShokz
Use this link to receive free shipping on Trekz Titanium Headphones directly from AfterShokz (while this special is still valid).
From On Amazon
AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Headphones are also available on Amazon:
*Money Saving Hint — Sometimes Amazon prices different colors of the same product differently. If color is not a dealmaker (or dealbreaker) for you, you can sometimes save a little by choosing the least expensive color.
Also Featured in This Post
I also am wearing my Hoo Rag Bandana. Here are affiliate referral links for two different places you can buy a Hoo Rag of your own, they have dozens of colors, sizes and designs…
Alberto Hurst says
I have been using the same pair from past 3 months and I can say that they are real saver. I can easily hear surrounding sound which is not audible with other headphones and causes troubles.
Thank you for posting about them.
Jaclyn Anne says
I like that these Aftershokz headphones sit outside of the ears rather than in the ears like earbuds. I use earbuds and they are always bothering my ears. Thanks for letting us know that there are other options out there!
These do sound like the ideal headphones for working out. I still have mobility issues so most of my working out is laying down. I think these still will be a good investment for later.
Wireless headphones?? Best invention ever. You don’t know how many times I’ve tangled the wires of my headphones into something while working out.
It’s so difficult to find good headphones to use while running! Thanks for the review.
Angela Kanellopoulos says
See and I was looking for headphones for when I go running but wasn’t sure which brand to go with! Great post! Thanks!