I received a complimentary BakeitFun Premium Silicone Baking Mat in exchange for a fair and honest review. I also have included an affiliate link to the products Amazon listing at the end of this review.
|Promo picture BakeitFun Silicone Baking Mat. #bakingmat|
Features and benefits
- Reusable: Eliminate the Need for Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil. Re-use it up to 2000 times according to BakeitFun
- Safety information from BakeitFun: “Safe materials– Made from fiberglass coated with food grade silicone, this non-stick baking mat offers multipurpose uses for preparing, cooking, and heating up food. FDA and LFGB approved. It’s 100% BPA free.” They even include a link to their FDA certificate on site, if you are interested: BakeitFun’s Certificates
- Bonus eBook: Comes with free eBook Fun and fresh recipes, the PDF eBook contains 16 recipes and is lovely and easy to browse for ideas.
- Assists with even baking: It conducts heat well for even baking, according to the product specs: “Perfect for oven, microwave and freezer uses – Takes up to -40F (-40 C) degrees to 450F (230 C) degrees – Flavors or odors will not penetrate the baking mat”
Product Use Tip – Use BakeitFun Silicone Mat as a Portion Control Tool:
As someone who recently reformed my nutrition habits (well, it’s a work in progress), I noticed that the baking mat is an excellent potential portion control tool. Notice in the product picture how there are “rules” drawn on the sides of the mat. Also notice the circles in the middle. These can be used as a guide to ensure your baked items are a specific, consistent size. This makes it easier to manage portions, log food in any nutrition calculator and also to estimate your nutrition data using a recipe calculator.
My Experience Using BakeitFun Premium Silicone Baking Mat:
The mat is easy to use and easy to clean. With normal use, I don’t need to use much oil as the mat is fairly non-stick. I used it to make Kale chips and think the mat helped them cook a little faster. Sorry I didn’t take a photograph, but my kale chips are not very pretty (user error–they never are). I sprayed the Kale with oil so I used more than necessary to prevent sticking. According to the instructions, you treat the mat with a light coating of cooking oil and you do not need to reapply unless you wash the mat with detergent. They advise rinsing it between use.
I have just one word of caution… I know it looks like an excellent cutting mat, but please do not use cut items on it as it does contain fiberglass. BakeitFun is pretty specific on this warning in the product instructions. This has limited my use a little, the other week I baked a pizza but did not use this mat since I need to cut the pizza while still in the baking pan. But I find this mat wonderful for baked items that I do not need to cut.
I recommend BakeitFun Premium Silicone Baking Mat if you are looking for a reusable baking mat that may enhance your baking experience. I especially recommend it if you are interested in a mat that can also serve as a portion control or measuring tool.
Where to Purchase:
BakeitFun has a special VIP list readers can join. Joining their list allows you a 40% discount. I joined, and have not noticed any resulting spam: BakeitFun VIP Mailing List or see their website for more information. They have a great blog that features recipes: BakeitFun Blog
BakeitFun Premium Silicone Baking Mat is also available on Amazon: BakeitFun Silicone Baking Mat on Amazon
Other Posts From Feeling Fit, Bit by Bit:
- Propresser Garlic Press Review
- Galley Essentials Silicone Baking Cups Review
- Cooking Fit: Bluelife Spiral Vegetable Slicer Review
- Free Knife Skills Class on Craftsy – First Impressions
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.