I have a confession to make, I like quality vanilla as much as I like chocolate. Perhaps I just have vanilla tastes!
I am also a bit of a coffee snob. Normally, I like my coffee strong, dark and smooth. However, I find a little vanilla bean powder smooths my coffee and adds an amazing scent.
You can enjoy this this vanilla bean infused coffee sweetened or unsweetened. Today, I was out of any type of milk so I just drank it plain and black. It is also amazing as a latte or cappuccino (sweetened or not!).
I received a free sample of Sunny Day Organics Vanilla Bean Powder to feature on Feeling Fit. Vanilla bean powder is a new staple in my kitchen!
How To Make Vanilla Infused Coffee:
I made mine in a Moka pot. However, you may also use a French Press or almost any other coffee maker. I have also made vanilla infused coffee in a French Press, so can confirm it works well.
Basically, you make your coffee as you normally would only you add a little vanilla bean powder to your ground coffee.
I added one tea spoon to the the ground coffee that fits in a 3 serving Moka pot. (Who is Moka Pot kidding? I drink all three servings in a tiny cup!)
I started with Starbucks Italian Roast Beans and ground them to a slightly coarse consistency. I brewed the coffee on my stove top.
To make a truly decadent coffee drink… Heat and froth milk of choice. I used coconut milk, but any nut or dairy milk will work beautifully. Top your brewed coffee with frothed milk.
You may sweeten with honey, sugar, maple syrup or agave. I actually don’t sweeten mine as I feel the coconut milk sweetens it a little and the scent of vanilla suggests sweetness.
Sprinkle the top with a tiny bit of vanilla powder, or another spice like cinnamon, cardamom, or nutmeg!
About Sunny Day Organic Vanilla Bean Powder
I featured Sunny Day Organic Vanilla Bean Powder in this recipe. I have never used vanilla in this form. It is wonderful, though potentially messy. The finely ground powder floats easily when the bag is opened. This vanilla powder smells so enticing that people kept opening the bag to get a whiff!
I also love this vanilla bean powder in smoothies (more about that another time!).
I have not baked with vanilla bean powder yet, but I imagine it would result in amazing baked goods based on the rich vanilla flavor and scent.
According to Sunny Day organics, Benefits of This Vanilla Bean Powder Include:
- The most important is that our Ground Vanilla Bean is purchased at FAIR TRADE PRICES from a family owned business in Java Islands, Indonesia. We want to be sure that the farmers growing our product get fare price for their efforts and hard work.
- There are absolutely no chemical fertilizers used.
- Our Vanilla Powder is packaged in an FDA registered packaging facility. There is no gluten cross-contamination.
- Our Vanilla Beans are raw, premium product. They’re ground moments before packaging to seal the freshness inside.
- Vanilla plants grow best in tropical forests that are being destroyed at an alarming rate. By purchasing natural vanilla that comes from those plantations in the rainforests, you help to preserve them.
- According to Rainforest Vanilla Conservation Association: “Carbon dioxide is the main greenhouse gas responsible for global warming. A one-acre vanilla plantation is estimated to annually absorb (sequester) the equivalent carbon dioxide emissions from burning 2,550 gallons of gasoline. Or for every one gallon of real vanilla ice-cream you consume, you are removing from the atmosphere the equivalent carbon dioxide emissions from burning approximately one gallon of gasoline.” Purchasing organic vanilla bean rather than synthetic is also good from the ecological point of view.
Where To Purchase Items Mentioned In This Tutorial:
Sunny Day Organics Vanilla Bean Powder is available on Amazon — See Amazon Product listing
It is also available on Sunny Day Organics’ website at: www.sunnydayorganics.com
Disclosure: I received the vanilla bean powder mentioned above in exchange for review from Giveaway Service website. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. Reference ID: pm30d36fab0a64e86099b64fdaf63ff717
Francisca Ramos says
That looks so good. I want to try the it. I make coffee everyday but adding the vanilla and nutmeg sound great. Thanks for sharing.