Recovery and relaxation are among the most under-rated aspects of a fitness plan. Without proper nutrition, good sleep and recovery time the effort you put into your workouts is not as effective as it should be.
Massage is one other thing that I believe aids in workout recovery. I can’t afford to visit a therapist, but I can incorporate foam rollers and massage balls into my routine. DanceCrazy’s Muscle Massage Roller Ball Instructional DVD demonstrates a head to toe massage “workout” that may assist with flexibility, blood flow to the muscles and workout recovery. Please note, this review is based on personal experience and is not intended to serve as professional or medical advice.
I received a free review copy of DanceCrazy Muscle Massage Roller Ball Instructional DVD to facilitate this review. I have previously reviewed other dance and workout DVDs produced by DanceCrazy and SalsaCrazy.
My DanceCrazy Muscle Massage Roller Ball Instructional DVD Review
I use massage balls and foam rollers regularly as part of my workout recovery plan. I find that when I am consistent, I remain more flexible and tend to get sore muscles less frequently and have fewer aches and pains.
I will say that using massage balls and foam rollers can be a workout in itself (getting into the positions often requires balance and core strength) and is usually somewhat painful when massaging tender and tight muscles. So it can take a little determination to make it a habit, but it pays off for me.
This specific DVD is well produced, well lit, well chaptered and offers detailed yet clear instructions on using a muscle roller ball to massage several muscles that tend to get tight. Overall, I am pleased. It starts with a dynamic mobility warm-up and then works through massaging the whole body starting bottom moving to the top. These types of workout DVDs are never fun and usually seem a little tedious to me. I tend to use them a few times to learn the techniques then incorporate the exercises into my workout warmups and cooldowns to stay consistent.
I have a few DVD’s that I consider to be pre-hab (hopefully preventing the need for rehabilitation exercises that a physical therapist might prescribe). Like other DVDs in this category, this is beneficial (I feel relaxed and flexible afterwards), but kind of dry and dull. For that reason, it is essential for these tutorials/workouts to be well chaptered so it is easy to reference the chapters addressing your needs that day. This DVD is well chaptered.
My only concern… I have two sets of massage balls but not the specific roller ball used in this DVD. The techniques can be adapted to the rubber balls or yoga balls (or LaCross balls). However, it features a specific ball so it does require some modification. I think it would be much more useful if it were sold in a set with the Dance crazy Massage Roller Ball.
- Full Workout Title: DanceCrazy Muscle Massage Roller Ball Instructional DVD Review
- Instructor: Shannon
- Difficulty Level: Beginner, All levels
- Runtime: 45 minutes
- Purpose: Tutorial on using massage roller ball
- Music: None
- Equipment Used: Massage Roller Ball From Dance Crazy
- Menus and Chapters: Well Chaptered
- Impact Level: None
- Setting: Well lit studio environment
What I Like About This Workout:
- The well-chaptered DVD offers a guided workout and tutorial starting with a dynamic mobility warm-up then a guided massage for several muscles groups that tend to get tight.
- The tutorial is well organized starting from the bottom up
- It covers areas that tend to get tight on me. These areas tend to become tight either from the effects of a sedentary lifestyle or from exercising and physical work. I think it is primarily intended for those who are dance hobbyists but a lot of the areas of concern apply to other people. I think this is great for people who may have a sedentary job but who workout and who may also have active hobbies that would class them as “weekend warriors”.
This Workout DVD Might Not Be For You If:
- This tutorial DVD uses a fairly unusual piece of inexpensive equipment. It uses a specific massage roller ball sold by DanceCrazy. I don’t have that ball but was able to follow along using a rubber therapy ball (similar to a LaCrosse ball) with some modification.
- This DVD would be better offered as a set with the featured muscle rollerball. As I already have two sets of massage balls, I wasn’t initially concerned until I saw the ball they feature is designed a little differently.
Where to Purchase DanceCrazy Muscle Massage Roller Ball Instructional DVD
Affiliate link to follow: If you click on the Amazon links and make a purchase then Feeling Fit receives a modest commission with no added expense to the consumer…
DanceCrazy Muscle Massage Roller Ball Instructional DVD is available through Amazon as is the Massage Roller Ball from DanceCrazy.
- DanceCrazy Muscle Massage Roller Ball Instructional DVD on Amazon
- DanceCrazy Muscle Massage Roller Ball on Amazon