Green tea lattes are delicious! Green tea also has health benefits not found in other caffeinated beverages.
I enjoy and occasional green tea latte from my local coffee shop but never thought to make my own. Soulnatas offered me a sample of their Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder (Premium Grade). Obviously, I was excited because I always wanted to try making Matcha at home. It didn’t take long for me to realize that I could also make my own Green Tea latte at home. The following recipe is an easy, healthy alternative to coffee shop green tea lattes. It literally just took a few minutes to prepare, so it is great if you are in a hurry.
Recipe For Easy, Healthy Green Tea Latte
Ingredients & Tools:
- Soulnatas Matcha – to taste 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp is usually about right
- Sweetener of choice (if desired): honey, stevia, sugar, agave, etc.
- “Milk” of choice – I used an unsweetened almond and coconut milk blend, I also used skim milk. Both work, but you may get more antioxidant benefit from using non-dairy milk (According to Soulnatas, tThe casein proteins in dairy milk may bind to some of the antioxidants in green tea, so you won’t be able to absorb all of the powerful antioxidants)
- Microwave safe mug
|My Green Tea Latte in the blender, I was pleased to discover the blender mixed the matcha and frothed the milk easily|
Simple Preparation for Green Tea Latte:
- Heat milk in microwave (or stove top if you prefer, I am giving the easy option). You don’t want it too hot, but hot enough. You don’t want it boiling.
- Put Matcha in blender, add sweetener, and add milk.
- Blend on high until the Matcha is thoroughly blended and the milk is frothy
- Very carefully pour into your mug, avoid pouring the foamed milk in until the end.
- Optional: carefully sprinkle a tiny amount of Matcha powder on top
|My completed Green Tea Latte. Yes that is an Oregon Public Broadcasting mug!|
Enjoy your easy Green Tea Latte!
About the Product Soulnatas Organic Matcha Powder
100% Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder
My Experience Using Soulnatas Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder:
Soulnatas Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea Powder is USDA certified organic and rich in anit-oxidants.
For those who don’t know, Matcha is a finely milled green tea powder. It is famously used in the elegant Japanese Tea Ceremonies and has recently become a trendy ingredient in food and drink. Matcha has three-times the anti-oxidant content compared with brewed green tea. This is because when you drink Matcha you are actually directly drinking the tea leaves rather than drinking an infusion of the leaves.
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I could enjoy drinking Matcha with simple preparation. Before I tried the green tea latte I described, I followed Soulnata’s preparation instructions to make plain Matcha green tea. I had mixed results. The first time I used a tea spoon to stir the matcha to make the paste. This method was not that successful as the paste didn’t fully dissolve and the matcha was not frothy. The second time I used a whisk to make the paste and also to stir the Matcha paste and water. This method was much easier and it worked. So when the instructions say “stir, I recommend that you “whisk”:
Directions For Plain Matcha (From Soulnatas):
FOR A NICE CUP OF MATCHA: Take ½ – 1 tsp. of Green Tea Powder and mix with a small amount of water to get a smooth paste – add hot water (not boiling! Max. 85°C/ 185°F) according to taste & whisk or stir until frothy
FOR YOUR BAKING AND COOKING: Add your Green Tea Powder to anything you wish according to taste or recipe like Smoothies -Lattes – Ice Cream – Desserts or even Savory Dishes! (From Soulnatas)
|photograph of the back of Soulnatas Matcha package including directions|
Purchasing Information and A Discount Offer From Soulnatas:
(Affiliate Links Below, if you click and make any purchase Feeling Fit receives a small commission):