I love Chai and I love Matcha! I also love smoothies. I decided to create a Matcha Chai Smoothie so I can enjoy the delicious spicy aroma and the benefits of green tea.
I enjoy pre-prepared Chai concentrates, but was concerned about the high sugar content–especially when added to a smoothie. This smoothie is a win-win. I enjoy the spicy aromatic chai, with less sugar and the antioxidants from green tea!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary sample of Enzo Organic Matcha to use to develop this recipe. All experiences and opinions are my own and do not represent Enzo.
Video Demonstration Matcha Chai Smoothie:
In my first recipe demonstration video, I show this smoothie recipe in action. I will include the written recipe after the video if you prefer a recipe card.
Recipe Matcha Chai Smoothie:
- 1 Banana
- 8 ounces almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Enzo matcha green tea powder
- .25 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- .25 teaspoon ground ginger
- .25 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 dash ground cloves (to taste)
- Put ingredients into a blender, then blend 1-2 minutes. If you want a cooler temperature smoothie include 1-3 ice cubes.
- The spices can be adapted to your taste, if you don't like some feel free to leave them out!
About Enzo Organic Matcha:
I used Enzo’s organic culinary grade matcha in this smoothie. For a smoothie and other recipes, culinary grade is fine. I prefer a higher grade to drink plain (just in hot water), but I think in the balance between texture and value culinary grade is ideal for use in recipes like smoothies. The taste is pleasant and works well with the spices in the chai smoothie.
Where to Purchase Enzo Matcha & a 15% off discount:
Affiliate Link to follow:
Enzo Organic Matcha is available on Amazon — click here to see product listing for this organic matcha green tea powder.