I have been searching for creative ways to make time spent cleaning more enjoyable. Anyone who knows me would not say that I love cleaning. On my list of ways I want to spend my time, cleaning and organizing are very low. Sadly this shows in my home. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been on a cleaning campaign and I am actually finding it kind of fun…
|Clean Fun Summary List|
My Top Five ways to Make Cleaning Fun, Uh, Sort of…
- Make a game of it! One thing that helps me is to schedule 30 minutes for a room , to set a timer, and see how much I can do during that 30 minutes. Think of it as a race!
- Take before and after pictures. There is a reason that magazines and reality television both thrive on the makeover story. It can be quite satisfying, if not fun, to do your own home “make over”.
- Plan a reward for when you finish a big job. It helps to have something to look forward to.
- Let go of perfectionism, allow it to be a work in progress.
- Distract yourself with some ear candy! I am amazed at how well this tip works for me. If I listen to something entertaining. This tip warrants it’s own blog post. I usually listen to motivating music or radio. These work well and good, but I found my tolerance for cleaning and organizing has improved by listening to audio books. I am especially fond of using the Amazon Whispersync For Voice feature on the IOS Kindle app. I have a very basic Kindle reader that I use for much of my reading. I found if I purchase the matching Audible book version then I can listen to the book I am reading. Right now I am reading and listening to The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel while I clean.
Leave a Reply