Hi, I am going to do a weekly workout check-in. #FitnessFriday seems like a good day! #Barre3Challenge
My usual program that usually works well for me: I do my intentional workouts Monday through Friday, concentrating the challenge workouts on Monday and Friday with the mid-week workouts being moderate. On the weekends I enjoy active recreation and active recovery if it suits me.
This has allowed me to be active most days and still recover from my workouts. Sadly, I fell off the rails with this plan that has worked so well over the recent years. We have to continually adjust our workouts to fit our lives (and yes sometimes we have to adjust our lives to allow healthy me-time!).
I recently wrote about my beginning of the New Year resolutions. While long term planning is important, I prefer to pursue moderate goals in the short and medium term that help me get closer to my long term goals–bit by bit. For me (and many others) lasting change needs to be sustainable and it takes time to change lifelong habits.
About these short-term resolutions or goals, I made progress on all of them:
- Well, I didn’t do so great with the step counting goal–yet. I have improved over recent weeks, but am not at a consistent 10k steps a day yet.
- I have been taking time for relaxation–most days. Well, some days.
- I have been drinking more water (I made an amazing cucumber, mint, lemon infused water–I promise I will share the recipe later!)
- And I have been participating in the Barre3 Challenge
I am still working on the Barre3 Challenge through the month. This was the first week of the challenge. I am doing a mix of streaming and live classes. To see if there is a studio near you visit: Find a Barre3 Studio.
The Barre3 streaming workouts are another great option for those who prefer to workout at home. I am a little odd and I like a mix of home and gym/studio workouts. I love the convenience of a home workout and tend to be introverted when I workout. But sometimes I feel more social and just love the group energy of a gym or studio class.
I joined another challenge, I know! I am also a Sweat Pink Ambassador through Fit Approach and joined the Sweat Pink No Excuses Challenge. I will share more about that next week. #SweatPink #NoExcuses
Workouts 1/2 -1/9:
Friday: Barre3 live studio class
Saturday: Dancing, stretching and walking
Sunday: Rest day
Monday: Live Barre3 studio class, Barre3 Challenge began!
Tuesday: Freestyle dancing, (Barre3 rest)
Wednesday: Barre3 Streaming workout,
Thursday: Barre3 Streaming workout
Friday: Live Barre3 Studio Class (scheduled for the morning), and a short intense burst of jumprope and kettlebell swings intervals.
Next weeks Goals (Saturday 1/10 – Friday 1/17):
- 4 barre 3 workouts (classes or streaming), plus at least one Barre3 10 minute mini-workout. #barre3challenge
- To try a new healthy, Barre3 approved recipe (part of the challenge). #barre3challenge
- To listen to the week2 Barre3 podcast. #barre3challenge
- To take 70,000 steps (this use to be my average but is a bit of a stretch for me now). I need to keep better records as I have a Fitbit ChargeHR and Surge to review and compare to my beloved Fitbit One. #Fitbit
- I have another workout DVD set I am reviewing (and hosting a giveaway for) so will need to add on a 30 minute workout most days to test this system. This set is a low impact system designed by a physical therapist for senior citizens. I need to try a few more of the workouts before posting my review. #exerciseforseniors
- Sweat Pink Challenge tasks (unsure what they are) #SweatPink #NoExcuses
- Continue to drink more water and/or herbal tea (fresh ginger and lemon infuse into hot water very nicely!). I will try a tip I learned from Sadie Lincoln’s Barre3 Challenge Week 1 posdcast. She suggested putting 4 rubberbands on the challenge water bottle and removing one each time I refill. #barre3challenge
- I am reviewing a cookbook and will try a healthy recipe from this book: Supermarket Healthy by Melissa D’Arabian #bloggingforbooks
Wow! That will be a busy week!