Wearable activity trackers are a powerful tool for an active lifestyle. After years of wearing a Fitbit activity tracker, I have decided to try the REM-Fit Active 200 Series tracker. REM-Fit offers a whole lifestyle approach including activity, fitness, and sleep.
Sam from Feeling Fit had the opportunity to test the REM-Fit Active 200 Series activity tracker.
REM-Fit encourages a well-rounded lifestyle. Their products are designed to motivate healthy activity and to assist restorative sleep.
The REM-Fit Active system I tested includes:
- REM-Fit Active 200 Series tracker – a small activity tracking pedometer that tracks steps, miles, sleep, estimates calories burned and activity points.
- REM-Fit 400 Series Standard Pillow – an adjustable, cooling, supportive memory foam pillow.
In Part One, I will focus on my initial impressions of the REM-Fit Active 200 Activity Tracker.
My Impressions of REM-Fit Active 200 Activity Tracker
REM-Fit 200 Activity Tracker is a compact sleep and activity tracker that can track sleep, steps, active points, distance, and calories burned. The goal is to motivate you to live your healthiest life.
It is comparable in size to my Fitbit One — only it is a little smaller. It syncs via Bluetooth to the REM-Fit app (available for iPhone or Android). The OLED screen is responsive to the touch and their are no buttons on the tracker.
My Experience Using The REM-Fit 200 Tracker
My favorite part is the Life Score and Activity Score. Their unique 360 Lie Score factors in restorative sleep and activity.
The activity aspect factors in quantity and intensity of activity. So the same active score may come from a lot moderate intensity activity like a brisk walk or comparatively less duration vigorous activity like sprints. I actually did something similar for myself using my Fitbit and some tips from the Center For Disease Control activity guidelines. It is convenient that REM-Fit has their own built-in way of doing this.
I found that my REM-Fit tracker tracked less activity than my Fitbit One. This concerned me as I had determined the One slightly undercounts my steps and movement. If I take 100 steps my Fitbit typically counted 96-99 steps. 9,600 steps on my Fitbit equalled 7000 on the REM-Fit.
The lower step count isn’t necessarily a negative as it is really all relative and using the same device over time means those errors are not as important. I did decide to test. When I wore the REM-Fit in the included wrist band, it undercounted significantly. It counted steps better when clipped to either my bra or hip band. I need to spend more time looking at this, I wasn’t as active during the resting period due to illness and an injury.
I also find that most movement based activity trackers are limited in their ability to track certain types of activity (primarily non-step and resistance exercise). I expected an option to manually log these activities, but could not find one within the app.
The REM-Fit app is easy to install, set up and use. You use the app to initiate the sleep tracking. Sleep is an area where REM-Fit excels and I find this function useful. It showed me that I really wasn’t devoting enough time to sleep. I appreciate the emphasis REM-Fit system places on sleep as it is so important to feeling fit.
About REM-Fit 200 Activity Tracker:
According to REM-Fit, the REM-Fit Tracker is:
REM-Fit Active motivates you to move more, get healthy and reach exercise goals!
• Active Score How active are you being in a day? REM-Fit Active gives you a score based on how active you are, not just how many steps you have.
• Steps Take every opportunity to rack up your steps! REM-Fit Active tracks how many you take in a day.
• Distance From A to B and everywhere in between; REM-Fit Active will show you how far you went today.
• Calories Ever wonder how many calories you burn in a day? REM-Fit Active will calculate it for you based on your activity.
• Sleep Points How’d you sleep last night? REM-Fit Active is awake while you are asleep to help you answer that question.
• Advanced Watch What time is it? Date, time and battery life are easily found on your REM-Fit Active.
Waterproof Rating IP67 – Complete dust protection, protection against temporary immersion between 15cm-1m for 30 minutes
(Source REM-Fit promotional materials).
Where To Find REM-Fit
REM-Fit is available through a number of retailers including the company’s website rem-fit.com.
Leave a Reply