Before I continue this review, I just wanted to mention that I received this cable for free in exchange for a fair and honest review.
My initial impression is that this Lightning cable seems sturdy. It is at least twice as thick as the original lightning cable that came with my iPad. As mentioned, it is also considerably longer.
|Just illustrating the difference in thickness between AYL’s cable and Apple’s standard cable|
The length of AYL’s cable is convenient, as it allows me to sit comfortably on the sofa and to use my iPad while the cable is plugged into a wall charger.
Product Features and Benefits According to AYL:
- Premium Quality Guarantee – The cable material, connectors, design, and package are all directly Approved and Certified by Apple, to meet Apple performance standards under Apple’s MFi program.
- Compatibility – Compatible with every Apple Lightning connector device, charge and sync for: iPhone 5/5S/5C, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 5, and iPod Nano 7. It also supports Mac and Windows PC.
- 6 Feet long is Most Convenient and Popular Length – With the 6 Foot cable, it provides you more freedom to select a more comfortable location for you when your Apple device is charging no matter at home, in the car, or in a store
- .Stylish and Slim Lightning connector design that allows it to be used with devices without removing your case. (Not for use with a Lifeproof case for now)
- 1 Year Warranty
As mentioned, I find the longer length of this cable makes life a little easier. I have heard nightmare tales from friends who purchased another brand’s non-Apple cable only to find that it isn’t fully functional. Thankfully, I have not had that experience. The cable syncs and charges my iPad just fine. I have only had this cable a couple weeks so cannot judge the longevity, but it seems durable as near as I can determine.
The longer length has allowed me to use my iPad (while charging) for several time sensitive tasks including:
- I needed to follow a recipe on my iPad and refer to a Craftsy tutorial while cooking. I was able to plug the cable into my wall charger and position my iPad on the kitchen counter for reference.
- I wanted to follow a workout video from my iPad (I prefer to follow yoga videos this way as it can be difficult to see a television set or even a laptop from some positions). Unfortunately, my iPad was out of charge. I was able charge my iPad while positioning it in the desired place in from of my yoga mat.
Yes! I know, the real issue here is that I need to be a little more proactive about recharging my tablet. But I just wanted to give some real life examples of how this can come in handy. For those who keep their devices well charged, AYL’s cable still allows for greater convenience and flexibility while synching or charging compatible devices. For example, if you ned to reach a USB post on the back of a computer you can do that with ease.
Where You Can Purchase AYL’s Lightning Cable:
The AYL Lighting Cable is available on Amazon (affiliate link below):
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.