There is just something about a nice cup of tea. I recently discovered the pleasures of loose leaf tea over bagged tea. I had always knew loose leaf tea was nicer than bagged, but didn’t quite realize the difference. Brewing a delightful cup of loose leaf tea in a teapot is so easy! Here are some easy tips to make and enjoy a delightful cup of tea.
Disclosure: I received deeply discounted sample of the Golden Tips Organic Darjeeling Tea and a complimentary Tea Beyond Teapot for review. As I am using these products to make my tea, I also made video reviews of each.
How To Make A Delightful Cup of Tea:
- Boil water
- Put appropriate amount of tea in the infuser. I usually use about 1 teaspoon of tea per 6 ounce cup. I usually make about 2-3 cups of tea per pot.
- Optional: Light tea light candle and set up tea warmer (the Harmony pot comes with a candle tea warmer)
- Place open infuser (with tea) into pot then slowly pour the water into the infuser until desired amount of water is in the pot. Alternately, you may pour the water in first and then add the infuser. Put lid on the infuser.
- Set teapot on warmer and allow to steep (alternately some prefer to use a tea cozy to keep their tea warm.) I usually steep tea around 3 minutes, but you may prefer more or less time depending on the desired strength. I like the Harmony glass pot as it is easy to see when the tea reaches the desired color (an indicator of intensity).
- Once your tea is steeped, remove the infuser along with the infuser lid to avoid over steeping. Replace the lid with the glass lid. Serve and enjoy! You may keep the tea on the tea light warmer to keep it at the desired temperature!
Review: Golden Tips Organic Darjeeling Black Tea
I found Golden Tips Darjeeling Black Tea is a delicious single variety black tea. I feel it tastes light and refreshing. Sometimes if I want a boost in the afternoon, I prefer tea (green or black) as I find that it doesn’t give me that wired feeling I often get from coffee.
The taste is light and refreshing. I like it with a little fresh lemon, but it also tastes wonderful alone. It has slight floral and or fruity notes that I feel are well complemented with lemon. I am also thinking of using this tea to make my own home made chai latte (if I do I will post a recipe). I made a video review to share my early impressions of Golden Tips Darjeeling Black tea.
My Video Review of This Black Darjeeling Tea from Golden Tips Co.:
As the above illustration shows, the tea had golden and green leafy highlights. This is only obviously apparent in brighter light, the above photograph was taken with a flash. It looks very dark when light isn’t shining directly on the tea. I am very impressed with this organic, fair trade tea! This is my first experience with Golden Tips Co, but I expect it will not be my last! I highly recommend Golden Tips and this variety of tea. (See the bottom section of this post for purchasing information and for a link to the Golden Tips website!)
Review: Tea Beyond Teapot Harmony with Tea Warmer Cozy
I love this clear glass Harmony Teapot from Tea Beyond. The design is classic, stylish and clever. I like that it is clear so I can see the tea’s steeping progress. This pot would be wonderful to use with flowering teas as well!
My Video Review of The Harmony Teapot From Tea Beyond:
My Harmony Teapot Set Included:
- a clear glass teapot
- a clear glass tea warmer with a stainless steel top
- a small tea light candle
- a clear glass lid for the tea pot
- a stainless steel lid with a stainless steel mesh tea infuser/strainer
I do have one concern. The glass seems thin and fragile. It is thinner than my glass coffee pot or other glass wear. I am concerned for the durability of this pot. I have used it four or five times with no issue, but am always a little worried about it. Other than that, I love this tea pot. And I hope to enjoy it for a long time.
Cheers! Here is to a Delightful Cup of Tea!
Where to Purchase The Featured Products:
Golden Tips Black Darjeeling Tea is available on the Golden Tips website and also on Amazon. Click here to visit the Amazon product listing for this tea. Golden Tips, Co sells many varieties of tea (also available on Amazon or on their website).
The Tea Beyond Harmony Teapot is available on their own website and also on Amazon. Click here to see the Amazon listing. Tea Beyond also sells a variety of beautiful tea posts, flowering teas and other teas.
Tell Us What You Think!
This helps Feeling Fit learn what topics most interest you.