Kale chips are so popular at the moment! It is no surprise considering Kale is truly be a guilt-free snack due to the low calories and high nutritional value. Kale chips allow us to enjoy our favorite seasonings and a nice crunch while eating healthy.
I recently discovered that nutritional yeast is a wonderful seasoning for kale chips. My local independent cinema provides nutritional yeast as a popcorn topping and I always enjoyed the taste. Then Sari Foods offered me a sample of their nutritional yeast to review. It is wonderful on popcorn, but I decided to share a less common use…
Disclosure: I received a free sample of Sari Food’s Nutritional Yeast to try and to review. The experiences and opinions described are my own. Some of you may recall, I previously posted a Wicked Emerald Green Smoothie recipe using another Sari Foods product.
Nutritional Yeast Kale Chips Recipe:
- Sea salt
- Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast
- Oil of choice, I used Emile Noël organic sunflower oil (previously reviewed here)
- Preheat the oven, I usually preheat to 350 degrees
- Wash kale and remove stems (if you want)
- Place clean Kale in a mixing bowl, add oil of choice and mix until all the kale has a light coating of oil
- Add sea salt to taste, the Nutritional yeast has a slight salty taste (to me) so I use a little less than I would if salt were the only seasoning.
- Add Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast and mix the seasonings throughout the kale
- Place kale on a baking dish or cookie pan
- Put in oven on the middle rack and leave until the kale is dehydrated and crispy. This can vary by the oven and temperature.
About Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast:
I found this nutritional yeast very tasty. I have enjoyed it on popcorn and on these kale chips. I love how rich it is in B vitamins and how low it is in sodium. This makes it a wonderful seasoning. According to SAri Foods, this Nutritional Yeast is gluten free, dairy free, contains no MSG, and non-GMO. It is also safe for vegan, kosher and halal diets.
Where to Buy Sari Foods Nutritional Yeast:
(Amazon Affiliate link to follow, if you click on the Amazon link and make a purchase you support Feeling Fit, Bit by Bit with a modest commission).
- Wicked Emerald Green Spirulina Smoothie Recipe (& Review) featuring Sari Foods Spirulina