I love barefoot workouts, but I am learning that these workouts are more effective with the right socks. Yes, I said the right socks! (something I never really thought mattered before). I use to have issues slipping in certain yoga poses and body weight exercises. I also sometimes take barre or Pilates classes at local studio and it just feels a little more hygienic to wear socks.
I was pleased when Koyto Sports offered to send me a complimentary set of their Koyto Sports yoga socks, I also purchased their yoga sock and glove set. I will feature both in this review.
My Experience Using Koyto Sports Yoga Socks:
I now have tried several yoga socks as I have five pair that I currently use in rotation (three are from Koyto). Like any sock, it is nice to have at least a couple of pairs to rotate so you always have clean socks to reach for. Now I have no excuse not to do yoga, barre or body weight training every day if I want!
The first pair I purchased was from a well-known brand, but their one-size-fits-all size was too big for my feet. A snug fit is essential, as too loose a fit can increase the risk of slipping. Lately I have been more fortunate, my Koyto socks fit well and stay securely in place during workouts. I believe this is because the socks have gathers in a couple key areas so they fit snug but do not feel too tight.
The Koyto yoga glove and sock set is my go-to during yoga as I need a little extra traction on both my hands and my feet if I use a yoga towel. I tend to use the gloves almost daily as I just have one pair.
What makes these Yoga Socks set ideal for Yoga practice?
- They are made of 82% cotton, 12% polyamide and 6% spandex with eco-friendly PVC dots (according to Koyto).
- This set comes with two types of socks: toe-less socks and full toe socks, you can try both pairs and use them according to your routines and the temperature.
- The PVC is designed to increase traction even without using a mat, I find them especially helpful when using a yoga towel as my skin is smooth and tends to slide on the fabric.
- This set comes with two types of yoga socks so it is a great starter set to alternate between workouts.
- They allow you to have more control while keeping your feet warm.
- Provide stability and proper body alignment.
- They help maintain proper hygiene
Where to Purchase Koyto Yoga Socks & Gloves:
Both of the Koyto Yoga Sets featured in this post are available on Amazon. For your convenience, the links to both follow:
- Koyto Black Yoga Sock Set (Two socks one with toes and one toe-less)
- Koyto Gray Yoga Sock and Glove Set