Exfoliation is a key to soft, smooth skin. In the Summer, I prefer to use sugar to exfoliation my legs and body since I shave more often. Sugar is a little kinder to any cuts or scraps than salt!
While I love luxurious moisturizing scrubs, it is so easy and inexpensive to make your own at home. This Easy Moisturizing DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub Recipe only uses three ingredients! Of course, you can get creative and add more…
DIY Lavender Sugar Scrub Recipe:
- 1/4 cup of table sugar (for one, maybe two uses, adjust if you want to make more)
- 1-2 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 1-2 drops of fractionated coconut oil (you could use olive oil instead)
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar to a cup or bowl
- Add a little coconut oil to lubricate the sugar and to moisturize your skin. You do not need a lot 1-2 drops is usually enough (less means less oily mess to clean!)
- Add one or two drops of lavender essential oil. This is to preference, but start with less so it isn’t overpowering.
- Mix it all together, since I made a single use serving for my morning shower I just used my fingers to mix. You may use a wooden spoon.
Tips For Use:
I rub this directly on my skin when I shower then rinse off. I like to use it before shaving so I follow with my DIY shaving oil (recipe coming soon!).
Since there are no preservatives, I prefer to make it in small batches as I need it. You can make larger quantities if you want.
Just a PSA: If you are using this to exfoliate your legs, be sure and keep it away from your more sensitive private parts. I don’t mean to be indelicate, but sugar is sometimes associated with yeast infections and I generally think it is a good idea to keep perfumed products away from your more sensitive areas.
Enjoy your soft, smooth lavender scented skin!
About goPure Lavender Essential Oil:
I used gopure Naturals 100% pure Lavender Essential Oil in this tutorial recipe. I find this lavender oil good value as it comes in a 4 ounce bottle which would last me a long time even with frequent use. The scent is lovely, though it is easy to over-do it! Remember with pure essential oils, it usually only takes a little!
According to gopure Naturals:
- goPURE Lavender Essential Oil comes in a 4 Oz glass bottle
- Use this Lavender Oil for DIY Skin Care & Aromatherapy
- 100% Natural & Pure Essential Oils
- Therapeutic Grade
- No Synthetics, or Additives
- Glass Dropper Included
“Lavender Oil has TONS of benefits and here are just a few: Helps Improve Mood, Helps fight Insomnia, Calms the Mind and also helps neutralize Stress and Anxiety”
(Source gopure Naturals promotional materials)
Shop the Ingredients:
The ingredients featured in this recipe are all available on Amazon. I used regular table sugar from my local grocery store. I included all the ingredients for your convenience:
- Click Here to visit gopure Naturals Lavender Essential Oil Listing on Amazon
- Click here to visit Pure Body Naturals Fractionated Coconut Oil Listing on Amazon
- Click here to C & H Pure Cane Sugar Listing on Amazon
If You Enjoyed This Post:
Four things you can do if you enjoyed this post, we appreciate any of these and any other interaction with the Feeling Fit community!
- Comment on the post, we love to hear from you! Tell us how you usually use essential oils, whether you prefer salt or sugar scrubs, or anything related to this post!
- Share the post with others on your social media channels. We offer convenient sharing options on the left side of the screen (desktop) and at the bottom of each post!
- Subscribe to one of our newsletters — see sidebar on the right.
- If you wish to purchase these products, or really any other products from Amazon, consider using our affiliate link. If so, you support Feeling Fit with a small commission that does not increase the price that you pay! You may use the Amazon search in the right sidebar or follow this affiliate link: Amazon.com
Thank you for reading!
- The top graphic image of the lavender flowers by Kirsten Hagerty
- Recipe graphic by Sam Sly
- gopure Naturals Lavender Essential Oil image provided by gopure Naturals
Sam Sly says
Comments from G+: