A refreshing ice tea is wonderful on a hot and sunny day. This home made ice tea recipe is a healthy alternative to commercial sweetened ice tea and is a little bit like an unsweetened “Arnold Palmer”. The refreshing lemon and mint complement the black tea flavor well.
[tweetthis]Recipe for perfectly refreshing lemon mint ice tea! #recipe #tea[/tweetthis]
Video Refreshing Mint Lemon Ice Tea Recipe (With Bonus Tips!):
The following video contains the complete recipe along with some bonus tips for the perfect cup of refreshing ice tea!
Printable Refreshing Mint Lemon Ice Tea Recipe:
The following recipe uses four ingredients: zest and slices of lemon, fresh mint leaves, loose leaf black tea and water. I used this Golden Tips organic Black Tea and Tea Beyond Teapot previously reviewed, but this would likely work with your favorite black tea.
- One lemon to zest and slice
- 4 teaspoons loose leaf black tea
- Fresh mint leaves to taste (I used leaves from two stems)
- Start boiling water
- Wash mint and lemon
- Zest lemon peel then slice lemon
- Remove mint leaves from the stem and add leaves to the lemon zest
- Add 1 teaspoon on black tea per 6 ounce cup that your pot can brew
- Add tea to lemon zest and mint, mix together
- Add tea, zest and mint mixture to an infuser and add boiling water
- Steep 3-5 minutes depending on desired strength of the tea. Remove infuser after steeping is completed.
- Cool tea, if you make tea ice cubes this makes the cooling processes easier and you can avoid diluting your tea. If the tea is a little stronger than you prefer, dilute with water or ice cubes. Enjoy!
This recipe can also be used to cold brew ice tea. Simply combine the ingredients in cold water and let steep overnight. I generally prefer this if I plan ahead as it is easy and the tea tastes nice.
Review Featured Tool:
I think a nice zester and grater is such a useful gadget to have in the kitchen. I use my zester to grate or zest citrus, hard cheeses like Parmesan, chocolate, ginger and more. My zester converted me from purchasing pre-grated Parmesan cheese to buying blocks and grating as needed.
The Chef’s Way Premium Grater and Zester fits nicely in the hands and has a comfortable non-slip rubberized handle. The Zester comes with a safety cover which helps protect the zester and hands while not in use. The zesting/grating blade is stainless steel and works very well. Just be careful not to grate your knuckles!
I highly recommend the Chef’s Way Premium Grater and Zester. I use this nearly every day and feel that freshly grated or zest ingredients improve the flavor my meals!
Where To Purchase:
The Chef’s Way Premium Grater and Zester is available on Amazon. Click here to visit the product listing on Amazon.
Leave a Reply