Tis the season for socializing and cheer! Sometimes too much “holiday cheer” can result in a headache, hangover or ill effects the next day. How can you enjoy the night out with friends or co-workers and still feel fit the next day? Feeling Fit has compiled 6 tips to enjoy your self and still feel fit in the morning.
Remember to always celebrate responsibly. Never drink and drive or engage in other dangerous activities while intoxicated. The following is not intended as medical advice, but simply sharing tips I have found help keep me feeling fit the morning after a night out.
1. Don’t neglect your healthy routine.
The holiday season is a busy time full of social engagements in addition to your usual routine and obligations. Sometimes exercise and nutrition are the last things on our minds. However the more you are able to keep up on your sleep, healthy nutrition and fitness routine, the more forgiving your body will be of a little indulgence. Aim to live healthy 80-90% of the time and it will help keep you looking and feeling fantastic.
2. To stay hydrated alternate each drink containing alcohol with a glass of hydrating water or other non-alcohol drink.
Dehydration is a top contributor to headaches and other hangover symptoms. Also staying well hydrated helps your body process the alcohol.Water is ideal as it is hydrating and naturally calorie free, but any non alcoholic, non caffeinated beverage will also work.
3. If you can, stick mainly with lighter colored drinks.
Many darker colored drinks are more likely to contain chemicals other than alcohol, and sometimes it is those other chemicals are the cause of the hang over. If red wine, brandy, whiskey, or darker beer are your tipple of choice be sure and check out tip number six!
4. Graze on food throughout the evening.
This is a challenge for Feeling Fit, we are often mindful of calories from food and drink. Some people feel that if they avoid the food calories they will be fine, but their blood alcohol level rises too quickly. Eating will help, and you get extra benefit if you choose foods rich in antioxidants and electrolytes such as seeds or nuts.
5. Focus on what is important to you and what you truly enjoy.
Saver sensible quantities of food and drink, choose that which you will enjoy the most, focus on enjoying the company and the conversation. Stay moving if you can — mingle the room, play a game of pool or darts or dance. All of that can help you avoid over indulgence while thoroughly having a good time!
6. Try Never Hungover
Never Hungover is the drink before you drink as it helps prevent common hangover symptoms. You may have seen mention of it in the press. It contains zero carbs, zero calories and zero grams of sugar. Plus, it has a great lemon-lime flavor. It is vitamin packed with B vitamins, potassium, aloe vera, milk thistle, and much more. It is also caffeine and gluten free. Although prevention is the best cure, sometimes we need a little help.
About Never Hungover
Never Hungover is the drink before you drink.
Never Hungover can be consumed as a shot or a mixer. The product is designed to take up to an hour before or while consuming alcohol.
For optimal results, take one bottle of NEVER HUNGOVER per four drinks. Never Hungover comes in two sizes, a convenient travel-sized 2oz bottle and a 750ml bottle perfect for behind the bar.
According to the manufacturer, Never Hungover works this way:
- In order to understand how NEVER HUNGOVER™ works, we must first understand the primary cause of the hangover. It is a toxin called acetaldehyde, which is produced in large quantities by the liver when alcohol is ingested. Scientists consider acetaldehyde to be up to 30 times more dangerous then alcohol itself.
- The NEVER HUNGOVER ™ proprietary formula turns these dangerous acetaldehydes into harmless acetic acid, which is then easily processed and diffused by the body. Once this process takes place, the severe symptoms of a hangover are averted.
- The proprietary blend of antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins and minerals also hydrate the body and restore vital nutrients, further helping prevent the severe symptoms of a hangover.
Where To Find Never Hungover:
Never Hungover has been featured On the Doctors, served At Paris Hilton’s birthday in 2014 and was a giveaway for Lauren Conrad’s wedding guests.