Warm, clean laundry is a lovely thing. I just love fresh laundry right out of the dryer.
However, sometimes my clothes are still a little damp and sometimes there is static electricity. I don’t use dryer sheets as sometimes they irritate my skin and I also like to cut down on disposable household products. So it is quite common for my sports socks to cling to my workout tops. It is also common for my cotton items such as towels to come out of the dryer a little damp.
i-Gruv offered me the opportunity to review their smart wool dryer balls. I have read about wool dryer balls and have wanted to try some for a couple of months. As I wasn’t sure whether they work, I hesitated to spend money on them. Now that I have tried them, I thought I would share my experience.
My conclusion is that wool dryer balls fit well in the Feeling Fit lifestyle. They are earth friendly, skin friendly, reusable, and potentially energy-saving, (and money-saving).
My Experience Using Smart Wool Dryer Balls:
A few months ago, I read that wool balls are a more sensitive skin and environment friendly alternative to dryer sheets. I was intrigued! I was even more intrigued when I read that the balls can help make the drying process more efficient and the dryer may use less power. I use the machines in my apartment building’s laundry so I don’t directly pay for the electricity. However, sometimes my clothes do not get completely dry and i do like to save power.
I finally got a change to try wool dryer balls. I used the balls from i-Gruv. i-Gruv balls are made from premium organic New Zealand wool.
I washed and dried a load of towels. I put 4 balls in the towel load. I was amazed at how soft and fluffy the towels were when the cycle was complete! They were also completely dry.
The dryer balls do make a little extra noise though. They probably are not suitable to use while others are sleeping.
I just tried iGruv Smart Dryer Balls. Not only are they a natural alternative to commercial dryer sheets, they also bounce. (A little) so could double as a toy to keep small children busy (if they don’t mind the feel of 100% organic wool from New Zealand!) #igruv #instahome #organic #wool #bloggersperks #samplereceived
I am not sure whether these dryer balls would prevent extreme static cling, but I actually make do with no fabric softener even for my workout clothes. These balls do offer a noticeable improvement in my situation, I am not sure how they compare if you regularly use commercial dryer sheets. If anyone knows, I would love to hear (or read!). Feel free to comment on your experiences with this type of product!
How To Personalize Your Smart Dryer Balls:
If you like lightly scented laundry, you can personalize your wool dryer balls by adding a a drop or two of essential oil. Lavender is a classic for laundry, but any scent will do. Be sure that no one in your household is sensitive to that essential oil. This is a great alternative for people who like a little scent to their laundry.
I do sometimes use a simple linen spray when I iron, I imagine the DIY scent gurus out there might enjoy making their own linen spray and also use a coordinating essential oil in these dryer balls for beautifully scented clothes.
I do like that they are unscented so we have the option depending on our family’s needs.
About i-Gruv Smart Dryer Balls:
The following product feature description was submitted by i-Gruv. Sometimes it is helpful to hear from the company how they see their own product:
According to i-Gruv Smart Dryer Balls Are:
- Imported 100% New Zealand Wool: “We aim to always deliver authentic product by the use of certified wool to center of the Ball, others use fillers, we don’t, we only do High Quality Products”
- Hand Made & Hypoallergenic: “These balls are made by hand in eco-friendly environments, they are safe for use on delicate skin.”
- Saves You Money + Pays for Themselves: “Dryer Machines are expensive energy consumption, these Wool Dryer balls can be used for 1,500+ Cycles, will reduce your drying cycle by 25%-40% They will absolutely pay back.”
- Softens Laundry Naturally & Reduces Static: “no use of chemicals from dryer liquids or dryer sheets, excellent for those with delicate skins or babies. Static reduced will help reduce the amount of pet hair that would remain in the clothes.”
- Excellent Gift For A New Parent: “An indispensable element for drying cloth diapers and baby clothes crib sheets, give time and money back to the busy household.”
- 100% Naural New Zealand Wool: “The Natural Lanolin Reduces the Statics on your Clothes, And that helps you not attract pet hair and transference static to your hair.”
Where to Purchase i-Gruv Smart Dryer Balls:
i-Gruv Smart Dryer Balls are available through Amazon – click here to visit the Amazon product listing.