A maxi dress is a classic but easy-going style. I admire the effortless elegance of a casual maxi dress. Unfortunately, as a shorter person it can be a difficult look to pull off.
Disclosure: I was excited to have the opportunity to review this Stanzino Short Sleeved Maxi Dress. I purchased this dress at a discount in exchange for a review.
The dress is available from Amazon. It comes in 6 colors (red, black, navy blue, olive, gray, and brown) and sizes ranging from Small to 4X! I love the choice of colors and the extended size range.
The above illustration features items I curated into a Polyvore collection. To see details for the shoes, hat, camisole, necklace and bracelet visit my Polyvore collection at the bottom of this post!
My Experience Wearing This Stanzino Maxi Dress:
It is one thing for a dress to look great on a model. What about the rest of us? Well, I am certainly no model. Below are some images of the dress on me (with minimal styling) and a very short Instagram video showing it in action.
The Pros for the Stanzino Maxi Dress:
- I believe the cut is flattering to a variety of body types. I think it would look nice on a long and lean figure or one with more thickness and curves.
- The fabric is light and easy-care and doesn’t wrinkle easily. The fabric flows well and is comfortable.
- The tag says the dress is made in the USA
- I feel the sizes were true to the measurement chart posted on Amazon (be sure and check!)
- I like the choices of colors and range of sizes.
The Cons for the Stanzino Maxi Dress:
- As I mention in the video this dress is very long (that could be a pro for some of you!) When I wear it, at least 5 inches drag on the ground. I am only 5′ 1″, but I think it will be too long for most people 5′ 4″ and shorter.
- The fabric is thin and is sheer when stretched out. I was between two sizes on the size chart so I ordered the larger size and it isn’t too sheer on me. However when I stretch the material I could see that it would be very see-through if it is sized to a snug fit. I imagine the material makes a difference too, I chose a darker color (Navy Blue) and suspect the lighter colors may have this issue even more.
- The V-neck is very deep (though this can also be a pro for some).
My Video Review of the Stanzino Maxi Dress:
Where to Purchase this Stanzino Maxi Dress:
This dress is available on Amazon (affiliate link to follow):
I am also a new affiliate for Joseph Nogucci, I recently discovered them (another post!). I felt their necklace and bracelets fit the easy-going, Summer elegance of the maxi dress so I featured them in the Polyvore collection.
My Polyvore Style Collection Featuring The Stanzino Maxi Dress & Joseph Nogucci Accessories:
The below illustration is my curated Polyvore board that features this dress and some accessories I feel would really enhance the look.