Red Carpet Parmesan Truffle Popcorn is an upgraded snack for foodies, adults or those who want a red carpet snacking experience.
Popcorn is a popular film viewing snack. It is inexpensive, potentially low in calories (depending on the toppings) and delicious. And it can also be glamorous! For red carpet worthy popcorn, I seasoned it with freshly popped corn with grated fresh Parmesan cheese, truffle oil, organic garlic powder and fresh ground pepper. Yum!
This is an amazing snack for a movie date night, cocktail party or a “Netflix and Chill” night with someone special. For a date night, you may want to ease off the garlic unless you are both garlic lovers!
Red Carpet Ready Parmesan Truffle Popcorn
- 2 cups of freshly popped corn (or more as desired)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 table spoon truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt
- First pop your corn. I pop mine using a stovetop method in a covered saucepan. I pop it in a small layer of coconut oil. It is lovely as is, if you are looking for a light and easy snack.
- While waiting for corn to pop, mix olive oil and truffle oil together. As truffle oil is expensive, I like to blend it with olive oil to make it go farther. To further boost the truffle flavor, I add a pinch of truffle salt and stir mixture.
- Once popcorn is popped, empty into a large bowl -- ideally large enough to have room to stir popcorn.
- Drizzle truffle and olive oil mixture evenly among the bowl. Mix with wooden spoon.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of garlic powder. I prefer garlic powder over garlic salt because the cheese and truffle salt already contain enough sodium. Alternately, you can infuse minced fresh garlic into the truffle and olive oil. I find garlic powder works best with the popcorn texture.
- Grate parmesan cheese directly into the top of the popcorn. Mix into the layers of popcorn. This is too taste, but I found about 1 tablespoon works for me -- slightly less for a lighter, lower sodium popcorn.
- Grind fresh pepper into the popcorn to test and mix.
- Enjoy! The flavors are strong so you may want to adapt to your own flavor preference.
Note: This version is rich and high in fat. For a lighter version, simply use less oil and mix thoroughly. Another option is to leave out the cheese.
Freshly popped corn, olive oil, truffle oil, garlic powder, ground peppercorns, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and truffle salt
Where To Find Ingredients to Make Parmesan Truffle Popcorn:
While this post is in no way sponsored, the Amazon links are affiliate links. If you click on the links and make any purchase, Feeling Fit receives a modest commission at no cost to you. This recipe is not brand dependent, so the following product links are for your convenience…
- Zester or grater
- Pepper mill
- Covered saucepan ideally one with a clear lid
Talking Points: What are your favorite snacks? Do you have any movie recommendations that would pair nicely with this popcorn? What are some of your favorite date night films?
Jasmine watts says
Yummm…. Popcorn is my favorite snack!! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
Shana Lee says
I want some right now!! Popcorn is my favorite snack! I love that the options are endless when adding seasoning.
Terri Ramsey Beavers says
We eat a lot of popcorn, especially when we watch movies. We like white cheddar popcorn the best.
I honestly sound so boring but just popcorn and some chocolate (at the same time of course) is the best snack!
Stephanie Pass says
This sounds like an amazing popcorn recipe. We’ve never made truffle flavor, but it sounds very intriguing.
when I was a poor college student, popcorn was a nightly staple. We got very creative with what we’d add to it. We’d love your recipie too. Popcorn is a great base for just about anything.
Oh this looks so good! I absolutely love pop corn and my guy loves cheese, so it’s a win win!
Cara of Stylish+Geek Blog says
I always munch on Popcorn! Flavored popcorn is even better…so thanks for sharing this Red Carpet Ready Truffle Parmesan Popcorn Recipe! 🙂