Many regard a multivitamin as a “nutritional insurance policy”. I try to eat a balanced diet and believe it is best to receive nutrients from whole foods. However, my doctor still recommends that I take certain supplements including Folic Acid and Vitamin D. I choose to take a few select supplements, including a multivitamin, and personally find them beneficial. HerbalProvider.com sent a sample of Nutrigold’s Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin to facilitate this post.
Please do not interpret any of this as medical or professional advice. Always consult your own medical professional about any supplements you are considering. Some supplements can contraindicate some medications and the scientific jury seems to be out on the benefits of various supplements.
About Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin From Nutrigold:
Nutrigold’s Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin is a food-based supplement that contains no synthetic vitamin isolates. It also contains no animal-derived ingredients and is, therefore, so it is suitable for both vegans and vegetarians. It also contains 100% DV of Iron and 250% DV of Folate as whole-foods and from certified organic fruits and vegetables to support optimal women’s health
Alergy Notes: According to Nutrigold, their Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin is verified free of egg, milk, peanut, shellfish, and wheat by an independent, third-party lab. Although the product contains a soy derivative (Natto, from which the K2 is extracted), the soy protein allergen is removed during processing.
The recommended serving size is three capsules. I prefer fewer capsules, but I will say the capsules are smaller than the horse-pill sized vitamins I was taking.
Nutrition Label For Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin From Nutrigold:
Nutrigold Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin is a whole-food and cultured nutrient multivitamin.
According to Nutrigold it contains a: “Synergistic complex of nutrients concentrated from certified organic fruits, vegetables and herbs using a patent-pending process AND ActivFood nutrients cultured in nutritional yeast”
Other Benefits (According to Nutrigold):
- Safe, gentle, and nourishing complex without the metallic aftertaste associated with synthetic vitamin and mineral isolates
- Manufactured without the use of GMOs, fillers, binders, artificial ingredients, preservatives, Stearates, Sulfates, Laurates, and Dioxides
- Verified free of allergens by an independent, third-party lab
- Manufactured to stringent cGMP standards in the USA
Nutrigold Claims to Support Health From Head-to-Toe:
- Cognitive Function – Folate, B6, B12, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Organic Annatto Extract, Organic Lemon Extract
- Hair and Skin Health – Vitamin A, Vitamin B5, Folate, Biotin, Vitamin C. Vitamin E, Copper, Iron, Selenium, Zinc, Organic Amla Extract, Organic Annatto Extract, Organic Lemon Extract
- Energy – Vitamins B1, B2, Niacin, B5, B6, Biotin, B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Zinc, Organic Amla Extract, Organic Annatto Extract, Organic Guava Leaf Extract, Organic Holy Basil Extract
- Glucose Balance – Biotin, B12, Chromum GTF, Magnesium, Vanadium, etc.
- Bone Health – Vitamin D, Vitamin K2, Magnesium, Zinc
- Menstrual / Prenatal Health – Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Folate, Copper, Iodine, Iron
- Immune Function – Beta-carotene (and other carotenoids), Vitamin C, and others
Where to Purchase Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin From Nutrigold:
Whole-Food Women’s Multivitamin is available from HerbalProvider.com