A good blow dry is essential for a variety of hair styles. Whether you prefer skeek and shiny or full and way, Xtava has affordable options for you.
Disclosure: I received these items for review from Xtava.
Peony 1875W Xtava Hair Dryer:
This compact dryer uses ceramic elements and a turbo 1875W Johnson DC motor”. I find it dries my hair quickly as do many dryers featuring ceramic. It comes with two concentrator nozzles which are great for straightening hair.
This hair dryer is super cute, the color is a rich hot pink with black trim. I already had a decent hair dryer, but was interested in getting a second non-travel sized dryer. I think this may replace my existing hairdryer.
What I like:
- It has the options I use: two speeds, three temperature ranges, cool air shot, etc.
- The attractive appearance is a plus as I am planning to use it in my swimming/gym bag. Yes it is bigger than a travel dryer, but I have found that my travel sized dryer has been inadequate–it just doesn’t have enough power to quickly dry my long hair. This dryer has the power and is a little more compact and more attractive than my other name brand full sized hair dryer.
- I like the long cord. It is considerably longer than my other dryer. It is about 89″ long. I like this since I move around a bit while drying and have accidentally unplugged my previous hair dryer. If you prefer a long cord, this may be a good option for you.
- It came with two concentrator nozzles, I personally would have preferred a diffuser and one concentrator nozzle. But that is a minor preference.
Xtava Collapsible HairDryer Diffuser
As mentioned, my main “issue” with the hair dryer us that it doesn’t come with a diffuser. Well, Xtava makes a collapsible diffuser that works well without requiring too much storage space! I find this diffuser is perfect for days when I prefer a high volume, curly or wavy style.
This is a nice, handy hair dryer diffuser. I like that it is collapsible so it doesn’t take as much space in my vanity area. I found it easy to attach to my hair dryer (be sure and check the specs as it is for a certain size range of dryer–but I think it is a typical size for a full sized home hair dryer). It works well and my fine hair has good volume after using it.
The only issue I had was the smell the first time I used it. I used it the day I received it and it had an odd “chemical” scent that a lot of new items have. I think it was amplified from the heat and blowing air. I then aired it out for a couple days without using it and the smell isn’t as strong. Eventually it went away. So I suggest if you are someone that doesn’t like the chemical small a lot of new products have that you might want to air it out a little before your first use. (If you don’t know what smell I refer to then it might not bother you).
- For smooth, sleek styles use the Xtava hair dryer with the concentrator nozzle. This is what I do most days as I feel my hair dries faster this way.
- If a wavy, curly or high volume style use the diffuser to dry. I find there is no point removing my natural wave if my intention is to use a curling iron to create beachy waves or curls.
Xtava makes affordable styling tools for either option.
Where to Purchase Xtava: